Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Hi! New to Scout Boats!

Maladjusted
(@maladjusted)
Topic starter  

Not new to Boats... 40 years experience, this is my 5th boat.  

Keith (Maladjusted)... last name is Malatesta... college gave me the nickname.

2015 Scout 275 Dorado with twin Yamaha 200s

Ampetti75
(@ampetti75)

Same here! Excited to take delivery of our new Dorado 235 later this week.  Just looking to get some general feedback, opinions and advice as we prepare to hit the water water with my families first boat. 

ReplyQuote
CCScout222
(@ccscout222)

Hello fellow Scout boaters. Just changed from 15 years of Pathfinder boat ownership to Scout. We decided with age we wanted a little more creature comforts and have always liked the build and looks of Scouts. We ended up buying a used 2010 Sportfish 222 thats been great so far and much dryer softer ride here in Buzzards Bay, MA.

Wondering about a few issues with boat so far;

Need to upgrade MFD and through-hull transducer. Purchased Simrad NSS EVO 3 12" and don't know if i need a 20 degree slant or straight down ducer? All the latching storage compartments drain through the hull but also allow water to enter when underway and there's only 1 plug that's needed for livewell. Is this normal or should I buy 6 more plugs and remove every time after returning to slip?  Also looking to get a semi-custom canvas cover for the boat (T-top) for the 6 months every year she's not on water. 

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions/advice

ReplyQuote
Share: